More time to sign up for Solar Together – Liverpool City Region’s group solar panel buying scheme
Residents and small businesses interested in joining a money-saving group-buying scheme for solar panels and battery storage now have until 17 November to register their interest.
This is the second round of Solar Together, a scheme that uses group buying power to ensure reduced costs and a hassle-free, safe, and streamlined experience for those keen to adopt renewable energy.
Nearly 600 people had solar panels installed through the first phase of the scheme, which reduced installation costs by up to 33% for a typical 14-panel layout. Some residents also chose to have battery storage and electric vehicle charging points fitted.
Solar Together is a partnership between Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, working with Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens and Wirral councils, and independent experts iChoosr, to help make the transition to clean energy as cost effective and hassle-free as possible.
The scheme will save money for residents and help reduce energy bills and household carbon emissions.
It will also contribute to reaching the city region’s ambition of becoming net zero carbon by 2040, ten years ahead of government targets.
Homeowners can register for free until 17th November to receive a personalised solar offer without any obligation, making it a convenient option to explore renewable energy options.
Once registrations have closed, pre-approved solar installation specialists will bid to complete the work in a reverse-auction. Purchasing at scale in this way offers residents better value than buying as an individual.
Anyone who wants to register for the scheme should visit: www.solartogether.co.uk/lcr by November 17.
How does Solar Together work?
- From 28 August until 17 November: Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation.
- Pre-approved UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction. They offer competitive pricing as the volume and geographic concentration make it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations.
- After the auction, registered households will be emailed a personal recommendation which is specific to the details they submitted in their registration.
- If you choose to accept your recommendation, the specifics of your installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of your solar PV system.
- All installations will be completed by 15 June 2024.
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the whole process which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.