Work with an ambitious team at Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
Our deal - at a glance
There’s lots of benefits to working with us – great pay, fantastic people and an opportunity to make a real difference to people living and working in Liverpool City Region, and that’s just the start!
Working at the Combined Authority you’re guaranteed a wide range of compensation and offers which go way beyond your basic pay and you’ll find a brief overview of our current package below.
If you decide to join us, you’ll get more details on your personalised offer when you receive your contract.
- Local Government Pension Scheme – employer and employee contributions
- 28 days (or hours equivalent) annual leave, pro-rata to contract, plus public holidays, rising to 33 days (or hours equivalent) after five years
- Option to buy up to 5 days (or hours equivalent) additional leave each year
- Metro travel card giving you free public transport, across Liverpool City Region or a Mersey Tunnels Tflow account PLUS an All Zones Off Peak Trio ticket for your spouse or partner
- Enhanced pay for unsociable hours for shift work (role dependent)
- Family friendly policies including flexible working, occupational maternity, paternity and adoption.
- Hybrid working (role dependent)
- 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
- Free counselling services
- Leadership development programmes
- Mentoring and coaching schemes
- Payment of professional subscription fees relevant to role
- Regular employee conferences and events including an annual employee awards and celebration event
- Computer loans
- Access to the Bike2work scheme
A place to work
We strive to make The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (CA) a place where people’s knowledge, skills and talents are appreciated, nurtured and developed.
Through our devolution deal we have a fantastic opportunity to bring about positive change, boost our economy and provide services that really matter to people in our region.
Everyone who works for the Combined Authority has an important role in our continued success and by working with colleagues and partners they can make a real difference to people’s lives by delivering a better future for our communities.
Learning and development
Here at the CA, we want people to enjoy their time here and perform the very best they can.
We can only deliver if everyone who works at the Combined Authority is able to put their skills and expertise into action. That’s why we are 100% committed to investing in in our staff so that they are all challenged and inspired, supported and encouraged and fully informed and engaged in the shared endeavour for a fairer, more prosperous Liverpool City Region.
We’re a high performing organisation and recognise the value of creating and maintaining a learning culture that supports life-long learning and development and provides fair access to training opportunities.
Together, we can transform our city region. We are building on what already makes us great, such as our ability to deliver with passion, determination and positivity, while looking to break down barriers and strive for even greater success.
Our three behaviours say a lot about us and how we treat each other and the people we work with: Putting the Liverpool City Region First, Respect and Action Focus
We’re a proud bunch, and our behaviours keep us focussed, honest, inventive and committed to achieving our goals and really transforming our city region.
Health and wellbeing
As a caring employer, we are committed to providing staff with the support they need at all times and we maintain a positive health and safety culture. We aim to reward and recognise all of our staff for their talent, potential and contribution through a fair, flexible and transparent reward package.
We offer a range of benefits, including a total rewards package, flexi-time system, salary sacrifice schemes, including a Bike2Work programme. Independent, impartial, professional help and information on a wide range of professional and personal topics as well as confidential counselling are available.
Equality and Diversity
Equality and diversity, together with fairness and social inclusion, are key to everything we do here at the Combined Authority. We have specific strands of work dedicated to these areas, and they’re built into the design of every piece of work we do too. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. We encourage and celebrate diversity and always make sure that there is equality of opportunity and treatment for all. We also believe that everyone has the right to work in an environment where they are shown respect and consideration, and in which the dignity of each and every individual is valued and maintained.