We know that in order to create opportunities for each and every person in our city region, the decisions that we make at the Combined Authority must be underpinned by the principles of social justice and fairness.
That’s why Steve Rotheram set up the Fairness and Social Justice Advisory Board, to ensure that every policy, every service and every economic initiative is measured against our commitment to deliver a fairer and more equal city region.
Established in 2017, the board is the first of its kind in the country and brings together people from a cross section of our local communities, reflecting the diversity of the city region. It acts as an independent sounding board, ensuring that issues of fairness and social justice are considered in every decision that we make as a Combined Authority.
Issues considered by the Advisory Board in the last 12 months include the following:
- Plans for LCR Listens stakeholder engagement exercise
- Metro Mayor’s priorities 2019-20
- Housing First/homelessness
- LCR Local authorities Equalities reporting
- LCR Spatial Development Strategy
- Portfolio Presentation: Criminal Justice
- Impact of the Apprenticeship Levy
- Auditing Cultures, Structures, And Practices
- Portfolio Presentation: Transport
- Preparing For Brexit
- First year evaluation and follow-up actions
- Portfolio Presentation: Inclusive Growth, Economic Development, Digital And Innovation