This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to be at the heart of delivering the governments net zero agenda.
The Local Energy North West Hub is seeking to recruit an Energy Systems Advisor who will contribute to the scaling up of clean energy investment in the North West. The Energy Systems Advisor will rely on a strong understanding of the energy sector and climate agenda to provide advice to organisations that are developing energy projects, supporting the preparation of robust business cases for investment.
The Local Energy North West Hub is a government programme to support public sector organisations to act in the community and work with businesses to make an impact. The energy hub team is embedded in organisations across the North West. This post is based within the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
• As a member of the Local Energy North West team, the Energy Systems Advisor will be the first point of contact and lead engagement with organisations across the North West of England that are developing energy system and innovation projects.
• Promote decarbonisation of the energy system through innovative solutions. Promote a smart flexible energy system.
• Support organisations to understand the opportunities and challenges associated with integrated distributed generation, storage and demand management technologies.
• Promote local area energy master planning to identify optimal solutions.
• Support organisations to prepare submissions and bid for funding and finance.
Skills & Experience required
• A relevant degree or considerable experience within the energy sector.
• Proven project management capability.
• Electrical Engineer / Experience in Utilities / Energy Systems Innovation.
• Experience assessing feasibility and developing the business case for investment in energy infrastructure.
• Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders from either the public and private sectors and developing effective partnerships.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is growing a team of exceptional people to deliver our vision for an inclusive, globally competitive, sustainable city region. This is an exciting time for us, having successfully negotiated and secured a Devolution Agreement with Government, bringing a wealth of opportunities to the City Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting programmes across the North West and to truly make a difference to the energy and climate agenda.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. To this end, we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org