This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to be at the heart of delivering the governments net zero agenda.
The Energy Survey Advisor will rely on a strong understanding of building surveying, energy audits and energy performance contracting to make the investment case for installing energy measures in building estates.
The Local Energy North West Hub is a government programme to support public sector organisations to act in the community and work with businesses to make an impact. The energy hub team is embedded in organisations across the North West. This post is based within the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
• Provide advice on building energy surveys to public sector organisations and manage specialists surveyors to provide information to support investment cases.
• Advise on the commercial case for investment in buildings, supporting investment grade decision making.
• Develop templates and specifications for procuring advisors and surveyors. Enable access to frameworks for advisors.
• Support the delivery of public building decarbonisation projects across the North West of England.
• Support the energy hub to promote building decarbonisation to businesses.
• Understand and disseminate information about SALIX, Modern Energy Partners and other methodologies for assessing energy and carbon savings resulting from the implementation of energy measures.
Skills & Experience required
• A relevant degree or equivalent or considerable experience within the energy sector.
• Substantial experience in highly relevant role for example ESOS Assessor, Energy Performance Contracting, Investment Grade Energy Auditing.
• Proven project management capability.
• Experience assessing feasibility and developing the business case for investment in energy infrastructure.
• Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders from either the public and private sectors and developing effective partnerships.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is growing a team of exceptional people to deliver our vision for an inclusive, globally competitive, sustainable city region. This is an exciting time for us, having successfully negotiated and secured a Devolution Agreement with Government, bringing a wealth of opportunities to the City Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting programmes across the North West and to truly make a difference to the energy and climate agenda.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. To this end, we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
Completed application forms can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org