This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to be at the heart of delivering the governments net zero agenda.
The Local Energy North West Hub is seeking to recruit a Clean Heat Advisor to contribute to the scaling up of clean energy investment in the North West. The Clean Heat Advisor will rely on a strong understanding of the energy sector and climate agenda to provide advice to organisations that are developing energy projects, supporting the preparation of robust business cases for investment.
The Local Energy North West Hub is a government programme to support public sector organisations to act in the community and work with businesses to make an impact. The energy hub team is embedded in organisations across the North West. This post is based within the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
• As a member of the Local Energy North West Hub team, the Clean Heat Advisor will be the first point of contact and lead engagement with organisations across the North West of England that are developing projects to decarbonise heat.
• Support LEPs, local authorities, industry and energy networks in the North West of England to plan for solutions to decarbonise heat.
• Promote decarbonisation of heat through electrification, heat networks, hydrogen and alternatives.
• Support organisations to understand the opportunities and challenges associated with heat decarbonisation and inform policy and strategy making across business, housing, transport and energy networks.
• Support the mass adoption of heat pumps by businesses, local government and the public sector.
• Support Heat Network projects in the North West acting as a liaison between BEIS and councils seeking to secure feasibility and investment funding.
Skills & Experience required
• Proven Project Management capabilities
• Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders from either the public and private sectors and developing effective partnerships
• A relevant degree or equivalent or considerable experience within the energy sector. A Building services or mechanical engineer MSc is highly desirable.
• Experience of subsidy mechanisms, applying for and or administering grant funding to support projects
• Experience engaging with local government agencies and promoting policy and strategic objectives
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is growing a team of exceptional people to deliver our vision for an inclusive, globally competitive, sustainable city region. This is an exciting time for us, having successfully negotiated and secured a Devolution Agreement with Government, bringing a wealth of opportunities to the City Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting programmes across the North West and to truly make a difference to the energy and climate agenda.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. To this end, we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
Completed Application Forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org