To realise these opportunities, we need to further improve our performance against the five foundations of productivity:
- Thriving and distinctive places (places);
- The opportunity to turn potential into prosperity (people);
- A dynamic business base creating opportunity (business environment);
- Collaboration that translates innovation into impact (ideas);
- Connecting all of our communities to opportunity (infrastructure).
Each of these are addressed in turn within the strategy.
Taken together, the realisation of our opportunities and the range of actions set out in the Local Industrial Strategy will support the City Region in being a globally competitive, clean and fully inclusive economy.
The Local Industrial Strategy was agreed locally in March 2020. Since then, the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the landscape, and so the next stage will be to reframe the strategy to ensure that the fundamental changes within economy and society are fully reflected. Despite the pandemic, the opportunities identified in the Local Industrial Strategy hold true, and this has been key in informing the development of the City Region’s ‘Building Back Better’ Recovery Plan
Click on the button below to read the Liverpool City Region Local Industrial Strategy