Fair Processing Notice – #LCRCultureAwards2021 Facebook Competition
Identity and contact details of the controller and where applicable, the controller’s representative) and the data protection officer
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (‘the CA’) is the ‘controller’ for your personal information. This means that we decide the purpose and means of how your data is used as part of the awards process.
If you have any questions about how your information is being used you can contact the CA Data Protection Officer at
0151 330 1679
1 Mann Island, Liverpool, L69 3HN
Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
Your information is being used by the CA to decide the winners of the #LCRCultureAwards Live 2021 prize draw, and we are able to do this as part of our devolved powers to further culture and the creative arts in the Liverpool City Region.
If you submit an entry to the #LCRCultureAwardsLive 2021 prize draw, the CA may contact you again in future years to check whether you would like to enter a future prize draw or competition of this nature, invitation to watch the event online and in relation to submitting nominations for future LCR Culture & Creativity Awards.
Description of the categories of personal data
The categories of information being processed include your name, Facebook account details as well as any background information submitted on request to support your entry.
We do not anticipate that we will process any ‘special categories’ personal data, which would include information related to your
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- trade union membership
- genetic data [i.e. DNA data]
- biometric data [i.e. finger prints]
- data concerning health
- sex life or sexual orientation
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Your personal data will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (all EU Member States, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) to the United States where Survey Monkey is based. We ensure that the security of your personal data is guaranteed by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
Your data will be kept for a period of 3 years from the date of entry to the competition. This retention has been determined by the CA’s business need.
The existence of each of data subject’s rights
The GDPR provides you with the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
- The right to be informed how your personal data is being processed
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you, which includes providing copies of the information to you within one month of a request. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide this information based on our administrative costs of responding (i.e. photocopying, postage, etc.).
- The right to rectification of any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you
- The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where
- Your information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected
- You withdraw your consent
- You object to the CA processing your information (and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing)
- The CA has breached the GDPR when processing your data
- There is a legal obligation to delete the data (such as a court order)
- The right to restrict processing, which limits what the CA can do with your information
- The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your information based on your consent or as part of a contract is made available for your reuse
- The right to object to direct marketing or any processing based on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where a decision made by a computer has a legal or significant effect on you.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner, who can be reached using the details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113